واژه های گمراه کننده – تفاوت بین Lie و Lay
Lie / Lie Down
Use lie or lie down for an action that a person or animal does by oneself. Lie is an intransitive verb – it does not take an object; (of a person or an animal) to be or put yourself in a flat or horizontal position so that you are not standing or sitting.
معنی فارسی: قرار گرفتن- خوابیدن، دروغ گفتن
- I have a headache, so I’m going to lie down for a while.
- The cat was lying fast asleep by the fire.
to lay an object down; to put somebody/something in a particular position, especially when it is done gently or carefully.
معنی فارسی: گذاشتن ،نصب کردن،کار گذاشتن ،طرح کردن، مطرح کردن ،نشانه رفتن ،قرار دادن
- “Lay down that shotgun, Pappy!” The sheriff demanded of the crazed moonshiner.
- The town lay at the foot of the mountain.
- He laid a hand on my arm.
- She laid the baby down gently on the bed.