مجموعه سوالات زبان انگلیسی – پیش دانشگاهی
ریاضی شبانه ۸۱_۸۲
دیکته :درهر جمله یک کلمه ناقص وجود دارد، آن کلمه را بطور کامل در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
1.Leonardo is an architect and an (inv-ntro).
2. Now, I am (dis – ppo – nted) with him.
3. The young plants need (prot – ction) against the heat.
4. The advantages of such an (agr- ement) are great.
5. we have had a good (dipl-ma-y) in these years.
6. About 70% of your body wight is ( l- quid).
برای خای خالی هر جمله یک کلمه را متناسب با معنی انتخاب کنید و در پاسخنامه بنویسید:
1. This housing …….has become very costly.
2. You will soon learn about his bad …. You can never trust him.
3. They are playing in the sand at the waters ……
۴٫ I know my own …….. as a painter.
6. That is my personal ……..and not the companys.
7. If you hold a glass under the hot tap, it may …..quite soon.
8. You can not ……him in the subject easily.
9. They live in a ………country, and try to improve it quickly.
10 . More information becomes……….through the use of computer.
فرم صحیح کلمات را انتخاب کنید.
۱۱٫ He has a good …….of painting which is very costly.
(collect – collection – collective – collectively)
12 .He has always had grat ………in his life.
(succeseful – success – successfully- succeed)
13.I am tired of working , but I cant ……. Them by retiring.
(disappointment – disappoint – disappointed- disappointing)
14. A lot of Lenardos machines did not work ………..
(successful – success – successfully-succeed)
15. It is possible to get …….from hunger and thirst.
(society – property – freedom – disease)
16. This machine has increased the ………… of electronic devices.
(production – producing – productive – produce)
برای هر تعریف از ستون A یک کلمه از ستون B انتخاب کنید و در پاسخ نامه بنویسید.
۱۷٫ to rest or move on the surface of a liquid or in the air:
18. ready to face danger:
19. stage of social development:
20. The ability to realize right or wrong:
21. Needing immediate decision or action.
22. take somebody away form danger :
g- moral sense
جملات ستون A را با جملات ستون B کامل کنید و جواب قسمت B را در پاسخنامه بنویسید :
Language function : مکالمه
۲۳٫ can you tell me where the office is ?
24. Id like some ice – cream, please.
25. you have given me the wrong change.
26. I hurt my leg playing football.
27. I think Iv lost my new glasses.
a- I do apologize. Sir
b – I am sorry to hear it.
C – Im afraid I cant
d- we haven’t got any left
e – Just near the elevator.
F – That’s a pity !
سؤالات تستی چهارجوابی :
Multiple choice Questions :
28. He wasn’t strong ………to carry thd suitcase.
(enough – so – too – very)
29 .The students had ……homework that they were busy all the day.
30. These shoes are very heavy. I need a pair of ……. Shoes for
running. (small – expensive – light – cheaper)
31. Lastly, I decided to learn English, The wora Lastly means.
(first – firstly – final – finally)
32. He oppend the cages and let the birds …..to their home.
(flying away – to fly away – fly away – fly)
33. He has no ability to realize right and wrong.He does whatever he likes.
(moral sense – property – development – advantage)
34 . There was an accident, we all heard the …….
(sound – crowd – voice – crash)
35. He is ready to face danger. He Knows no fea. : The underlined words mean:
(architect – brave – painter – crowd)
36. He wrotea letter to his friend , and ………
(so she did – she too did – she did too – so does she)
37. parents should know the advantage pf a good book. The word advantage
means : (important – benefit – major – edit)
38 . John …….. a blue shirt since last Monday.
(has worn – has been wron – has been wearing – have been wearing)
39. I got a mechanic ……..my car yesterday.
(fix – to fix – fixed – would fix)
40 . I can hear a bady ………..in the bedroom.
(to cry – cries – cry – crying)
41 . You should have a high opinion for his wishes.
(Protect – respect – advantage – moral sense)
42. He showed extreme joy when he learned about his grads. What is the meaninge of the word extreme.
(certainly – support – do wrong – the gratest possible)
43.Ali enjoys horse riding. He usually hires a horse . The word hires is the
synonym of : (uses – costs –rents – takes)
44. There is an open area with streets on all its sides. We call it ferdowsi ………
(junction – square – block – avenue)
45. He developed a very expensive house and sold it quit soon the synonym of expensive is :
(conscious – very large – costly – serious)
گرامر : با توجه به مفاهیم هر جمله : جای خالی هر سؤال را کامل کنید و پاسخ را در پاسخ نامه بنویسید .(جواب را بطور کامل بنویسید)
46. The house was very small. We couldn’t live in it.(too)
…………..was………….small for us to ………..in it.
47. John put on a blue shirt last Monday. Hes still wearning it .
۴۸ . I missed the bus to Azadi street and so did he.(will miss)
I …………the bus to Azadi street and so ……………he.
49 . An insect was crawling up my leg.
I noticed …………………………….
۵۰ . she didn’t make the tea herself.
She had got it ………….yesterday.
51. she didn’t make the tea herself.
She had got it ……………yesterday.
در متن زیر هشت جای خالی وجود دارد. جای خالی را با یکی از گزینه ها کامل کنید و آن کلمه را در پاسخنامه بنویسید:
There is one subject ………(۵۲) us more than any other. There is one subject we ……….. (۵۳) a whole life – time studying: ourselves ! we see everything in the ………..(۵۴)in relation to ourselves. . In this way, we sometimes …….(۵۵) ourselves better. We often ……….(۵۶) ourselves with other pople, and try to see our selves as others see us. Have you ever read, about the ……..(۵۷) of the grat French painter paul pauguin? He had a successful …..….(۵۸) in banking . He suddenly left his family and his job and devoted the ………..(۵۹) of his life to painting:
52. ignores – interests – attacks – offends.
53 . develop – respect – spend – design
54 . universe – house – society – country
55.care – debelop – respect – understand
56 . fasten – compare – join – limit.
57. life – accent – nature – personality
58 . period – property – life – career
59 – rest – whole – extent – mark
درک مطلب :
متن زیر را به دقت بخوانید و به سؤالات آن در پاسخنامه پاسخ دهید.
When men become organized into very large groups, and civilization develops ,it is possible to get freedom from hunger, thirst, cold, heat and many diseases, so that each person can live a happier life than he could if he were living along, but such a society cannot work successfully unless the freedom of each human being is to some extent limited so that he is kept from hurting others. I an not free to kill others, nor to steal someone elses property, nor to behave in a way that offends against the moral sense of thd society in which I live. I have to limit my own freedom myself so that others will not limit it too much :
I agree to respect the rights of others, and in return they agree to respect mine.
(توجه کنید! جای سؤال درک مطلب در پاسخنامه بعد از متن کوتاه قرار دارد)
۶۳٫ what would a man get by living in a society?
It is possible………………………..
۶۴٫ How can a society work successfully?
When the freedom of each………………………….
۶۵٫ what do the pople agree to do in a civilized society?
They agree to ……………………………………
سؤالهای(درست True) یا ( غلط false) :جملات شماره ۶۶ و ۶۷ را بخوانید و در مقایسه با متن درک مطلب، اگر درست است در پاسخنامه T و اگر غلط است حرف F بگذارید.
۶۶٫ people are not free to behave in a way offends against the moral sense of the society.
67. In a civilized society, people are kept from hurting others.
متن کوتاه :جمله های زیر را به دقت بخوانید و با توجه به معنی هر جمله، یکی از جوابها را که دارای معنی مشابه است short passage انتخاب نمائید و حرف مقابل جواب را در پاسخنامه بنویسید(فقط حرف را بنویسید و از نوشتن جمله خودداری کنید)
۶۰ . Leonard invented many interesting machines, but a lof of his nachines did not work very well.
A. His machines did not work at all.
B. The machines he invented were useless.
C. Most of Leonardos machines did not work well.
D. The machines invented by Leonardo were not interesting.
61. When men become organized into very large groups, and civilation develops, it is possible to get freedom from many diseases.
A. people may be free from illnesses if they live together in groups.
B. If people are arganized to gether, they are free from living.
C. By living together, we can live happily.
D.we will live happeir life if we live alone.
62.There are limitations to what M.T can do . It can translate only eight words often.
A. computers can not translate all the words correctly. The texts may have a few mistakes.
B. computer always translate the words correctly.
C. M.T texts translated by computers are full of mistakes.
D. Time is saved by machine translation.
تجربی و انسانی روزانه ۸۱_۸۲
کلمه های ناقص در جمله های زیر را کامل کنید.
۱/۲٫ John does str-ng-things.He can walk on a r-pe.
3/4. He needs shelter to pr-te-t him from e-tr-me heat or cold.
5/6. such projects are not available for ordin-ry com-ercial users.
7/8.when man lives laone d-s-ase may a-a-k him.
از گروه کلمه های داده شده زیر کلمه مناسب را انتخاب کنید و در جملات به کار ببرید.
9.He was so ……… from the news that he couldn’t sit down.
10.I m afraid . you are not ………….enough for this job.
11. Its very difficult to ride a bicycle on roaks which are too ……….
۱۲٫John had a successful…………..in architecture, but he changed his job.
13. If I give you a book,what will you give rne……..?
۱۴٫ some of the ……….are very experienced and it takes a short time for them to do their job.
15. The subway project has become too…for the government.
16.Underdeveloped countries……….mere than they produce.
17.Not many pople are ………of the adbantages of education.
18. Is she a carful person? “No,she does things by…….
از ستون B کلمه مناسب با تعریف های ستون Aرا انتخاب کنید.
19. hard surface
20. to some extant
21.stage of social development
23.the ability to realize right and wrong
24. to rest or move on the surface of a liquid
پاسخ مناسب را انتخاب کنید.
۲۵٫Producers cannot succeed unless they pay close attention to the needs of their………….
26. Those who eat whatever they find ………their health.
27.Sugar………in hot tea faster than in cold tea.
28. when I ……..my answers with the teachers. I found why I had made that mistake.
29. someone may think free education can solve all the problems of …. And build a perfect nation.
30. A solution to the problem of unemployment in villages is to encourage the …….of small businesses there.
31. scientists have ……..that the worlds population will double by thd end of the 21th century.
32. A large mosque will be ………near our school next month.
پاسخ مناسب را انتخاب کنید.
۳۳٫ That picture is ………..heavy to hang ……on the wall.
1. too/ it
2. so / it
34.were any of them hurt in the fire?
No, and firemen got…. To save their house.
1. there quickly enough
2. quickly enough there
3.there enough quickly
4. enough quickly there
35. Id called him up befor ;
1. had you
2. would I
3. would you
4. had I
36. I ll have my son ……in that institute.
2. to train
37.There seems to be a baby in the sitting room.
Yes, I can hear it ……..
۱٫ to play
38. The missing boys werd playin near the river.
They were last seen ……near the river.
1. to play
39.Hes never tired of stuying and………
۱٫ so is mary
2. mary has too
3. mary hasn’t either
4. neither is mary
40.A : I wonder why john didn’t come to the meeting.
B: He …….have known about it .
4. might not
41. He wanted to make himself…….
To the foreigner, but he didn’t know English a lot.
1. to understand
42. Did you buy a new car?
No , I had enough money and I …. A new car but I decided not to .
1. may buy
2. shoulg bay
3. might have bought
4. could have bought
با کلمه ها و عبارات داده شده جمله ها را کامل کنید.
۴۳٫Mary didn’t take her children with her and her sister didn’t either.(so)
۴۴٫ Maryam can speak English and her brother can too.
45.Did you go to the cinema last night? (could)
No,I ……………, but I didn’t.
46. The children are in the park. I can hear them.
47.Did you have the birthday cake made?
No, I am goin to have it ……..tomorrow.(to make)
با توجه به توضیحات داده شده جملات ناقص را کامل کنید.
۴۸٫ Did your father buy that home? No, he didn’t
It……………small……………..to live in.
49.Mr. kashani is still eating.He began eating at 9oclock.
Mr , kashani………………..for two hours.
مکالمه های ستون A,B را مرتب کنید.
50. Im looking for the public library.
51. Id like these books, please.
52. would you like to come over tonight?
53. your chil is spilling ink on the floor.
54. my uncle is sick in hospital.
55. what would you like?
a. oh, I do apologize
b. certainly , that ll be 2000 toman
c. just a cup of tea, please.
d. I d love to, but we have a test.
e. Turn left into zand street.
f. That’s a pity!
g. Theres one in half an hour.
کدام جمله از نظر تن صدا (intonation) با بقیه فرق می کند.
۵۶٫ does your father come here?
2. I want to see john.
3.That child is sick.
4. what are you doing now?
در گروه کلمه های داده شده یک کلمه از نظر تکیه (فشار صوت) با بقیه متفاوت است آن را مشخص کنید.
۵۷٫ ۱٫ resource
با توجه به مفهوم جمله های داده شده پاسخ صحیح را انتخاب کنید.
۵۸٫ Leonardo was the student of a painter, and he become one of the most famous painters who have ever lived.
The above sentence tells us that…………..
۱٫ no painter has ever been as famous Leonardo
2. Lenardo is considered one of the most famous painters in the history of art.
3. famous painters have had students like lionardo.
4. Leonardo has been the most famous painter of the world.
59. A society cannot work successfully unless thd freedom of each human being is to some extent limited so that he is kept from hurting others.
From thd above sentence we understand that………
۱٫ a society cannot work successfully if people ard free in that society.
2. a successful society is a free society
3. if a human being is kept from hurting other, he is successful.
4. to have a successful society, people should give up some of their freedom.
60. The next stage is to develop a system which can be used on microcomputers in an ordinary office. From the above sentence we understand that……….
۱٫ such a system is being used in small offices now.
2. There will be a system which can be used on microcomputers.
3. Already there is a system which can be microcomputers.
4. It is impossible to develop a system which can be used on microcomputers.
متن زیر را بخوانید و با گزینه های مناسب آن را کامل کنید.
Some countries , like the USA , have tried to reach the moon. A sohort 61 …. Ago, three Americans went up in a 62 ….. named Apollo. Two of them 63 ….safely on the moon. They 64 ….. safely to the earth. There are many problems in traveling into 65….. scientists could not 66 … men to the moon 67 … they solved the 68 …..for example, there is no oxygen for men to breathe.
61.1. year 2.times 3.time 4.tense
62. 1. plane 2. spaceship 3.submaricne 4.boat
63. 1.landed 2.took off 3.got up 4.pickedup
64. 1. I gave back 2. put pu 3. came back 4. picked up
65. 1. darkness 2. sky 3. ground 4. space
66. 1. travel 2.fly 3. send 4.get on
67. 1. till 2. after 3.when 4.for
68. 1. problems 2.computers 3.limitations 4.protections
متن زیر را بخوانید و به سؤالات آن پاسخ دهید . و یا پاسخهای مناسب را انتخاب کنید.
For the human baby, the period of complete dependence on his mother is longer than it is for the young of any other animal. Even when the child is able to feed himself, he must still depend on the guidance and protection of his elders for many years to come. One might ask why this function could not be left to some kind of organization so that parents might be free to do other duties. The answer, of course lies in the fact that children need more than physical attention. They must have love as well, and this is what only the family can provide. An unloved child will be unable to love people as he grows up.
69. what is the difference between the human baby and the young of other animals?
70. what cant a child whom nobody loves do?
71. what does the word this in line 7 refer to ?
72. According to the passage, a child ………..
۱٫ need no help at all
2. can never feed himself
3. needs his mothers protection
4.should be left alone
73. The best word that can be used instead of elders in line 3 is …….
Ture or false:
74. According to the passage, children pay attention to physics. ( )
75. Mother need protection of their children.( )
جبرانی ۸۱_۸۲ کلیه رشته ها
دیکته : در هر جمله یک کلمه ناقص وجود دارد. آن کلمه را بطور کامل در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
۱٫ You have to be conc-rned about the pollution.
2. positron is the smallest p-rt-cle known to man so far.
3. He hates to be conf-ned within the four wals of an office.
4. she hs seezing, it may be a s-mpt-m of flu.
5. I quit because the money I rec-ved for my job was not enough.
6. Tell him not to talk about the proc-d-res , let him get down to action.
Vocaburary: برای هر جمله یک کلمه را متناسب با معنی جمله انتخاب کنید ودر پاسخنامه بنویسید.
Social – victims – assistance – mental – closely – will – fine – overactive – discover- resue
7. You know that solving puzzled is a ……..activity.
8. He is one of the ………..of Roodbar earthquake.
9. Keep working hard, Im sure you would ……joy of it.
10 . The next zone is the ……….zone, te distance we like to keep froms stramgers.
11. The boy was drowning. I Jumped into the river to ….. him.
12. The police officer forced him to pay the …….immediately.
13. when he gets angry,he becomes a little…….
۱۴٫ I think he is your brother. He ………resembles you.
15. please call me if you need any ……with your work.
16. with strong……..you can overcome all your problems.
یکی از کلمات ستون B را متناسب با هر یک از جملات ستون Aانتخاب کنید و در پاسخنامه بنویسید .
۱۷٫ a sudden attack on a place : ………….
۱۸٫ a set of things of the same that you put together …….
۱۹٫ Evry mount of money paid to workers :……………
۲۰ . make somebody do something : ………………….
۲۱٫ all the gasses around the world :…………………
۲۲٫ give somebody a very bad surprise:……………..
۲۴٫ to put into position :………………….
A – force
C- set up
D – raid
E – collection
F – set off
G – payment
H – atmosphere
I – immediate
متن زیر را به دقت بخوانید و جای خالی را با یکی از گزینه ها پر کنید و فقط گزینه صحیح را در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
Charles Dickens, The English …….(۲۵), was one of the most famous writer Of all time. He was a good ….(۲۶) of life , and had a great understanding ……………….(27) and needy people.Many of the events and people in his boods are base on events and people in his life.at the age of 12, charles ………(۲۸)in a London factory . He held the job only a short time,but the unpleasant ……..(۲۹) of that factory had a lasting effect on his………(۳۰). He never spoke of it to his wife or his children in later years.
25. (architect – actor- novelist – accountant)
26. (observer- conductor – painter- translator)
27.( rich – poor – nervous – dishonest)
28. (worked – studied – livef – stayed)
29. ( conditions – character – contents – nature)
30 . (time – memory – part – capacity)
سؤالات تستی چهار جوابی : فقط علامت حرف مقابل هر گزینه را در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
۳۱٫ If we ………the map,we coul not have found the way.
a. have forgetten
c. will forget
c. for got
32. It is raining now .
I wish it ……….stop raining.
33.I wish I …….. come soon.
34. what would you ……..if you hadn’t come to class.
a. have done
b. had done
35. I didn’t go to class yesterday.
I wish I ………there yesterday.
36. when water freezes,it becomes…………….
37. If pollution continues to ……….at the present rate, it will cause an ice age.
38. The doctor………that I should rest for a week.
39.Emil zola is a famous novelist that lived in france.
What is the synonym of the word novelist.
40. to make somebody do what he/she dosrnt want to do . is the definition of :
41.I followed his lecture closely.The meaning of closely is :
42. something for carrying a sick or an injured person in a lying position . is called :
قواعد دستوری : جواب هر سؤال را بطور کامل در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
۴۳٫ They couldn’t go fishing because the sea was stormy.( calm)
They ……..if …………..calm.
44.I didn’t have enough money to buy that coat.
I wish I …………………..
۴۵٫ I will go ti the meeting tomorrow.
۴۶٫He had breakfast. Then he drove to work.
A – در بین کلمات زیر کدام کلمه از نظر stress با بقیه کلمات تفاوت دارد. آن کلمه را در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
۴۷٫(forget- police- animal – mechanic)
B- در بین کلمات زیر کدام کلمه از نظر حروف صدادار(vowel sound) با کلمات دیگر متفاوت است آنرا در پاسخنامه بنویسید.
۴۸٫(plain – death – they – great – name)
متن کوتاه :
هر قسمت را بخوانید و بهترین پاسخ را متناسب با معنی آن پیدا کنید و فقط حرف مقابل آن جمله را در پاسخنامه بنوسید.
49. The rescue team need to know the place that the accident happened, with a map refrence.
a.they will need to know where people were involved in the accident.
b. they want to know howmany people were involved in that accident.
c. the resue team want to find out what time the accident happened.
d. they will need to know the color of the victims clothing.
50 . The most important zone is the one that the people who are emotionally colseto us can enter it .
a. the zone that we feel comfortable having an ordinary friendly conbersation.
b. the personal zone shows the distance we would choose to talk to our family.
c. our every close friend and families can enter the ultimate zone whiteout discomfort
d. nobody is allowed to enter the personal zone.
مکالمه : برای هریک از پرسشهای ستون A یک پاسخ از ستون B انتخاب کنید.(فقط حروف را بنویسید).
۵۱٫ what time does the train leave to Ahvaz?
52 . can you come over on Friday night ?
53 . what bus do I take to the airport?
54. where would you like to go for dinner?
A – you want a number 115.
B – its got a black leather.
C – I d prefer some where quieter.
D – Im afraid I cant.
E – There is one in half an hour.
درک مطلب : متن را بخوانید و به سؤالات آن پاسخ دهید.
Many peoples favourite hobby is sport. They spend much of their free time dealing with sports. They play team games like football or baseball, games for two or four people, like tennis or golf, or practicing an individual sports like running, mountain climbing or swimming.
People usually practice a sport for atlrast two reasons. First, they enjoy it and, second they feel a need to keep. But sports are not just for participants, it is for spectators , too.
(سؤال ۵۵ و ۵۶و۵۷ هر کدام ۱ نمره و سؤال ۵۸ و ۵۹ هر کدام نمره دارند)
۵۵٫ How do people spend their free time?
۵۶٫ What are peoples main reasons to practice a sport?
۵۷٫would you name three individual games?
جمله های ۵۸ و ۵۹ را با True با false پاسخ دهید.
۵۸٫ sports are solely for participants……………..
۵۹٫ people practice sports to keep fit and enjoy …………
هماهنگ کشوری علوم ریاضی ۸۱_۸۲
Note : write all the answers on the answer sheet.
I. spelling: fill in the blanks with the missing letters. Write the complete words on the answer sheet.
1. when water freezes, it becomes s-lid.
2. He is one of the vi-tims of Roodbar earthquake.
3. Many of them are for-ed to work when they are only ten years old.
4. Our ter-it – ry can be divided four zones.
5. please call me if you need any as –ist-nce.
II . vocabulary : A.Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words from the list below.
There is one extra word.
Fines – involved – charge – pollution- supplies-overactive-rescue – solely – equip – impact – vehicle
6.His brother is deeply……..in business.
7. we buy some of our arms ……form other countries.
8. Nowadays, a serious problem in large cities is air………..
۹٫ The government tries to …….our high schools with modern means of technology like,comuters,videos, etc.
10 . Most developed countries have experienced the …….of new technology on industry.
11. The united Nation is in ……..of maintaining peace all over the world.
12. Most of drivers obey the rules of traffic more carefully because of the heavier….
۱۳٫ Firemen made a brave attempt to …….the students from the burning school.
14. An ambulance is a (n)………..used for carrying sick or injured people to a hospital.
15. The stress caused in overcrowded conditions causes some to be…………
B. Word Definitions : Match the definitions in column A whit the words in column B .
There is one extra word in column B.
16. to change the usual conditions of something
17. result of the researches and experiments
18. give somebody a very bad surprise.
19. stop somebody from doing something
20 . persons kept back for use when needed
21. to start a journey
22. to need or repuire
23. change in the body condition that is a sign of illness
a. set off
21. set off
III. Structur : A. Choose the correct answer.
24. what would you have bought if you ………enough money?
25.My friend is always tired because he goes to bed late.
I wish he …………to bed late.
a. wouldn’t go
b. didn’t go
c. hadn’t gone
d. doesn’t go
26. He ………that he didn’t know how to reapair his car.
27.He hopped that we …….the journey the following week.
b. have enjoyed
c. will enjoy
d. would enjoy
28. The policeman told me, Don’t park you car on this street.
The policeman warned me….. my car on that street.
a. don’t park
b. didn’t park
c. not to park
d. what I had done
29. john asked me …….after class the day before.
a. what I do
b. what did I do
c. what had I done
d. what I had done
30. My friend had an accident………to work yesterday.
b. having driven
c. to drive
c. after driving
31. A: Do you still smoke?
B: No, I ………a month ago.
a. look it up
b. look up it
c. gave it up
d. gave up it
24. had had
25. wouldn’t go
29.what I had done
31.gave it up
B. complete the following reported sentences. You are reporting them after sometime.
32. Reza: I’m meeting my friend at the airport later today.
Reza said that ……………………………………
۳۳٫ I asked my friend, when will you return the book I lent you two days ago?
I ask my friend when …………………………
32.Reza said that he was meeting his friend at the airport later that day.
33. asked my friend when he would return the book. I had lent him two days ago.
C. combine the following sentences using verb+ing or having + pp
34. Tom was walking in the rain. He got wet.
۳۵٫ I wrote a letter, Then I mailed it on the school.
34. walking in the rain, Tom got wet.
35.Having written a letter, I mailed it on the way to school.
D. complete the following sentence based on the situation given.
36. I didn’t go to see her because didn’t tell the truth.
If you ……………………………….
36. If you had told me the tuth, I would have gone to see her.
IV . Language function: Match column A with colum B.There is 4 one extraitem in B
37.Has the house got a separate dining – room?
38. How longe does the trip take?
39. How often does the bus leave?
40. How can I get to the museum from here?
41. Is there anywhere for the children to play?
42. can I help you?
43.what does your watch look like?
44. Do you like living in Tajrish, Reza?
a.you should take a taxi.
b. yes, I want to buy a watch.
c. It’s a citizen.
d.yes it’s a good place to live.
e. No, it hasn’t.
f. 20 hours.
g. what a pity !
h. Every 15 minutes.
i. Yes there is park just down the street.
A. which of the following words has a different strees pattern.
46. a. telephone
A . 45.d
B. In each set of words one is different from the other according to its vowel sound.
Write the different items on the answer sheet.
47. a. plain
48 . a.add
49. which one of the following sentences has a different intonation pattern?
a. what are you doing?
B.can you hear his car?
c. why did he leave?
C. The story was long.
VI . Reading comprehension: A. check the correct answer.
50 . The collection of aerosols reflect the suns heat and cause the Earth to become cool. In other words, another ice age will start if we ……………
a. continue to heat the Earth
b. don’t stop the spread of aerosols
c .increase to power of the sun
d. older relative pay their money to their parents
51. Somtimes a whole family group is employed, with the payment going to a parent or an older relative.
The above sentences tell us that…………….. .
a. The payment is giving all member of the family.
b. B. children work and they are paid money.
c. Children work but the payment is not given to them
d. Older relatives pay their money to their parents
52. Some animals need to stay in touch with each other. Losing contact with the group can be dangerous for them because they may be exposed to enemies.
We understand from the above sentences that some animals………
a. try to lose their contact with each other.
b. Need to have their contact with each other because they face enemies.
c. Should stand far from each other because they may expose to enemies.
d. Like to keep their contact with each other because they don’t like to be alone.
53. Team members keep their personal equipment at home as to be ready to set off within 15 minutes of receiving the call.
It is understood from the above sentence that ………
a. Team members receive the call within 15 minutes.
b. Personal equipment is kept at home.
c. Team members start their journey without personal equipment.
d. Personal equipment is ready within 15 minutes.
B. Cloze passages: Fill in the blanks with the best options.
Penguins get their food from the sea. Although these birds have wings, they never ___54 they use their wings for ___55. Their home is on ____56. when penguins are born, they are afraid of water. Their ___57 have to search for food for themselves and for their ___58. When autumn days grow shorter and it gets cold, penguins___59 to new homes. There, young penguins must learn how to swim and how to find their own food.
54. a. fly
55. a. walking
56. a. canal
57. a. bosses
59. a. create
At one time people made their own colthes, shoes and many of the things they used in thd house. Now almost every everything is made by ______60and very few things are made by hand.
Students are ______61 dress making, woodwork and painting a school, but few people have things ___62 by themselves in their rooms.
They even find it _____63 to repair something that has been ___64 . It s a shame that people are so modern that they ___65 to make simple beautiful things.
60 . a. architects
61. a . laught
C. Read the following passage answer the questions.
Education is the process by which people gain knowledge, skills, habits, and values. The word education is also used to describe the results of the educational process. Education should help a person become a useful member of society. It should also help him develop an understanding of his culture and live a better life. The most common way to get an education is to attend school. But much education also takes place outside the classroom.
Education involves both learning and teaching. Sometimes, people learn by teaching themselves. But they also learn with the help of other people such as parents or teachers. Parents are a Childs first and perhaps most important teachers. But few parents have either the time or the ability to teach their children everything that they need to know. A modem society cannot continue its life without education. But most nations consider educations benefits to individuals equally as important as its benefits to society.
66. what is the most usual way to get an education?
67. where does much education occur?
68.who are the first teachers of a child?
69. Do most people regard the advantages of education only to the individuals?
70. The word they in line 9 in second paraghraph refers to ……
71. we understand from the passage that most parents send their children to school because they ………
a. are to busy to teach them at home.
b. don’t get much benefit from teaching
c.have to attend schools themselves.
72. Education includes only teaching.
73. It is possible to be educated without attending school.
66. The most usual way to get an education is to attend school.
67. Much education occurs outside the classroom.
68. Parentes are frist teachers of a child.
69. No, they don’t regard the advantages of education to individuals?
70 . d
شبانه علوم تجربی و انسانی ۸۲
دیکته : کلمات ناقص زیر را بطور کامل در پاسخنامه بنوسید.
I. spelling : fill in the blands with the missing letters.
A-ros-ls(1) are very fine particles in the air They can fl—t(2) in the air.when water freezes it becomes s-lid(3) . The resue teams call out proce-ure(4) began . please c